The official marathon photos from CIM are up!
The good news:
- I actually look like I’m running in all of them (i.e., one foot is off the ground at all times).
- I don’t look like death.
- I don’t look like I’m about to throw up.
- I’m not being obstructed by anyone.
- A few feature AEW, my pacer for miles 20.5-25.5.
- Good finisher photo with medal in hand.
The bad news:
- The photos from the course were taken from a high angle, meaning you can hardly see my face from under my cap.
- I must’ve thought that they were taking the pictures earlier than they actually did; I recall posing for the photos, but this is not evident at all.
- Related to the last point: no triumphant pose at the end. Bummer.
I might actually get one or several of these. They’re not terribly expensive, but I feel like a schmuck because, until now, I thought that only schmucks pay so much money for “official race photos.”
Without further ado, the photos!
UPDATE 12/14/12: I am officially a schmuck because I bought 3 of the photos (well, technically, the Gypsy Runner bought them for me as an early Christmas present. Isn’t he sweet??) The ones I got are posted below, without copyright tags stamped all over them.
I’m curious: have you ever paid for official race photos?