1. Run a sub-2 half marathon. Status: Incomplete.
I came close at SF2HM and at Point Pinole, but not close enough. Without any more half marathons on the calendar for 2013, this goal will have to wait until 2014. After being very eager to break 2-hours for over a year, I find myself surprisingly not that bummed about missing this goal. I’ve become very zen about it — it’s going to happen when it’s going to happen.
2. Run a trail 30K. Status: Done.
Skirt ‘n’ Dirt 25K. Yeah, I was 5K short, but did I mention the 2900′ elevation gain?
3. Run marathon #2. Status: Pending.
Marine Corps Marathon coming up in 25 days! Just got my bib number today – wheeee!
4. Volunteer at a race (or a few races). Status: Done.
I mentored middle and high school students through Running for a Better Oakland in the spring and volunteered at two races in July.
5. Have a more focused race schedule. Status: Done.
7 races so far with 2 more left on the calendar — a big improvement over last year’s 16.
6. Run more miles than I did in 2012. Status: Done.
In 2012, I ran 850 miles. In 2013, I’ve run about 985 and counting.
7. Come up with a more concrete strengthening and cross-training plan and stick with it. Status: Incomplete.
Aack. Still struggling with this!
8. Roll and stretch before and after every run. Status: Done.
Maybe not after every run, but I stretch and roll for 30-45 minutes about 5 times a week.
9. Get to the bottom of this ankle issue. Status: Done?
Hm, this goal was so vague, I’m not sure if I’ve accomplished it or not. I haven’t been very diligent about doing my physical therapy exercises, but I also haven’t had the stiffness and swelling that I had last year. So, success without me doing anything?
10. Blog goal: get back to reviewing gear. Status: Incomplete.
Besides one post on Altra Superiors, I’ve been very bad about this goal even though I have tons of stuff to write about.
Summary: 6 out of 10 ain’t bad. Plus, I’ve got a few more months to work on the rest.